reserving through apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbluhp, Feb 9, 2011.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

Hi I had two questions about tomorrow pick up

1) How bad are the lines going to be?
    2) I got a confirmation email saying my reserve has been put on hold for you until end of day dose this mean my apple store will have mine in stock?

Also how come when I do the eligible for service through apple they says can't be done online must go to a store?

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

If you are going to an apple store get in line at or around midnight.

3. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

it's going to be that bad?

4. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

LOL definitely not! If you reserve it online you can show up at any point throughout the day to pick it up. Same scenario as the AT&T iPhone 4 launch.

5. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

ouch I might as well keep my AT&T iphone :( though why is that I can't complete the online shipping at apple.com?

6. Orionpkmyz macrumors newbie

I have a similar question.

Apple reservation email says they will hold the phone until closing of business on Thursday. Then in small prints below it also says: "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

Would I have to show up early and wait in line just so they don't run out of the phone? Does anyone know how "reservation" worked with the last launch? Thanks!

7. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Said the same exact thing for the AT&T reservation email. They will hold your iPhone until they close on the 10th so as long as you show up before then, you will be able to get your phone. If you don't show up on the 10th, they will sell it the next day.

8. DuckyBrown macrumors newbie

Hello. I also reserved an iphone at an apple store. I have a question. I have a family plan with my mom. My mom is the account owner, and I'm on the account as a manager. Will I be able to pick it up without her? She wouldn't be able to come.

Also do they need to activate it in the store, or can I do it at home?

Thanks.

9. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

As long as you're an account manager and have the last 4 of her SS# (+account pw if applicable) you will be fine. You don't have to activate it in the store.

10. DuckyBrown macrumors newbie

11. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Re: will the lines be that long?

In a word, yes. I've got 4 stores close to me. And each one of them had a line that would last at least 2+ hours each. But do not fret, people are generally nice and tend to be relaxed. Just take a friend with you to go get you something to drink, hold your place in line as you have to relieve yourself from time to time...
    Or, like we did...make friends in the line. Take turns running to get drinks for each other, etc. Take pictures and post it to MR forums. Make it a memory. Have fun with it.