Reset All Setting, now what

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OlegK, May 12, 2012.

1. OlegK macrumors newbie

Hi

Realized I put myself into a situation I don't see easy exit from.
    Bluetooth was not working on my iPhone4 so I followed a suggestion in one of the post to do "Reset all settings" (I tried Network settings reset only first). I don't believe I ever did full reset, so it was surprising to see that I need to connect to iTunes after the reset.

Now, I have iTunes on a new PC that I did backup of iPhone yesterday on. The problem is backup didn't take much time, so I am not sure all apps and pictures were copied there. IPhone is asking to connect to iTunes, that I did, but the only option is "Restore" that wants to delete all iPhone content and I am not sure what will be (if anything) copied to iPhone from iTunes when I do the Restore. If there any way to verify what iTunes really has? IPhone is connect now and iTunes shows at the bottom a bar with colors showing that iPhone has 3G of photos, 7G of apps, but this is I guess what I have on the iPhone but not what I have in iTunes.

Also confusing is that with iPhone connected when I click on iphone in iTunes and then on the Apps tab, it shows all the apps. But again, I have no idea if they are on iphone or in itunes. If I select "Sync" checkbox, it says that all apps will be removed from the ipone. All apps are shown on the right, but I have no idea if they are on iphone or not... I may still have all the info on iphone...

2. OlegK thread starter macrumors newbie

I just realized I can go "Register new phone" on iPhone instead of "Restore" path, it brought the iphone back to life!