Reset All Settings while on beta OS? (Not downgrade OS)

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by 2centsjoe, Jan 29, 2016.

1. 2centsjoe macrumors newbie

2centsjoe

My question is it possible/smart to do a "reset all settings" while running public beta 9.3. I do not want to downgrade just a simple wipe.

The problem I am having is random crashing. I've uninstalled apps that could have let to is but I feel better wiping any existing data.

Thanks!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can certainly do it. The only real downside (assuming everything goes as it should) is basically just needing to reconfigure all the settings the way you want them to (including reconnecting to WiFi networks and setting up notification and locations/privacy settings for different apps again).

3. 2centsjoe thread starter macrumors newbie

2centsjoe

I don't mind that at all. It is a hassle but 10min and I'm ok! I am just worried that my phone will brick or something.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

It won't brick, but it could get stuck, although that's not likely, and if it does, it's basically a matter of going through a restore that usually gets it back in working order (assuming you backed things up).

5. Brammy macrumors 65816

I do it usually on each beta release. It might just be me, but it seems to help battery life.