Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasvncnt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
Hi all. Before I ask my question I am not looking for any kind of hack. Guess basically wondering if this is a lost cause or if apple can even help.

So my daughter's sister forgot her passcode. So we got it into recovery mode and did a reset. Fine, no problem. So now of course it asks for the apple ID info. Well....she doesn't remember her apple ID password of course.

I went through all the apple troubleshooting and help. I tried loading the apple support app on my phone because supposedly it says a friend can reset your password from their phone. So went through the steps and then it says to type in the code that was sent to the iphone. Well I can't get can't the code on the phone! It's like a big circle.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
just for argument’s sake, (hypothetically) let’s say you were a pickpocket who stole this phone.
Without the passcode and Apple ID, there’s no way you’re getting into that phone.

jasvncnt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
just for argument’s sake, let’s say you were a pickpocket who stole this phone.
Without the passcode and Apple ID, there’s no way you’re getting into that phone.
Understood. What if we brought like the proof we own the phone and what ever phone bills we have. Would apple be able to help then?

jasvncnt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
Does she own an other Apple product with her Apple ID connected? If so, she could reset her Apple ID password with this device.
Hmmm I'm not sure. I have to ask. She may still have the previous phone she upgraded from. That's would be great if that would work.
Stupid question...would it still try to send a text with a code to her phone that is locked?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Hmmm I'm not sure. I have to ask. She may still have the previous phone she upgraded from. That's would be great if that would work.
Stupid question...would it still try to send a text with a code to her phone that is locked?
If she has the original purchase receipt for the device she can take it to an Apple store and they can reset it for her.

jasvncnt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
I believe Apple will reset the phone for you if you take it to the Apple Store with proof of ownership.
Thank you! That's what I was hoping for!

If she has the original purchase receipt for the device she can take it to an Apple store and they can reset it for her.
Thank you! That's what we will try next. I appreciate it the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.