Reset Apple Watch

Makey2018

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
I can’t remember if I removed the Apple Watch from my old iPhone. But I’m giving my Apple Watch 4 to my grandma and it’s activation locked. (Not sure why) I already reset it did I mess it up? Can I still remove the activation lock from my iCloud without reporting it lost or stolen? I went to iCloud.com and was going to erase the device but it wanted my phone number. Do I skip that?

BasicGreatGuy

macrumors G5
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
With Find My turned on, it is impossible to unpair the watch from the phone without entering Apple ID and password.

I am not buying your story. It isn’t supported by facts. No one here will assist you with Activation Lock bypass.

Makey2018

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
With Find My turned on, it is impossible to unpair the watch from the phone without entering Apple ID and password.

I don’t have the phone. I can’t remember if I unpaired the watch with the phone but it’s still connected to my iCloud account. Can’t I do that online or do I have to report the watch as lost or stolen? I can remove it from iCloud that way but do I have to put my number in or can I not and it not be reported as lost or stolen?

Makey2018

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
I know I can go to iCloud.com and remove it but it asked for a phone number. Do I have to put that in? I don’t want the want to be reported as lost or stolen because it’s not. I just want to give it to my grandma. And I already reset the watch did that mess it up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.