Reset itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aaronthomas, Apr 23, 2009.

1. aaronthomas macrumors regular

aaronthomas

Hi all... well, awhile back I started saving my music directly to an external drive and saving to another . Well id like to put my music back on my computers hard drive and back up with my new time capsule. Well ... i really messed something up good... cant play music now at all unless i click a song from my external... Is there a way to start over with Itunes... Start from scratch and just re import my music from my external to my computers HD? Any help would be wonderful!!!!! Thanks so much:confused:

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You mean copy all the music over while keeping all of your playlists and such? Should be easy enough. Just drag all your music off the external onto your computer, then go to iTunes/Preferences/Advanced, and at the top it'll have an option to change the location of your music folder.

Click Change and find where you moved your music to. Pick that, and you should be good to go.

3. aaronthomas thread starter macrumors regular

aaronthomas

Hey Thanks for your response! I ended up having to create a new library (though im sure there was another way) by holding down the opt key while restarting itunes. Note to self... stop messing with it!:D