Reset Keychain Help Please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pocomptonpimp, Mar 7, 2017.

1. pocomptonpimp macrumors newbie

pocomptonpimp

Hi all. So i've been sideloading apps using a free developer account with no problems. I tried to sideload an app on my apple tv 4 and there was an error. Google led me to a page to reset my keychain. So I did hoping it would fix my problem. Boy was I wrong. Now I cannot sideload anything using Cydia Impactor. I get an error.

Error
    crypto-osx.cpp:69
    The specified item is no longer valid. It may have been deleted from the keychain.

Now I am trying to undo my stupidity. Searching google all i can find is restore the keychain with time machine. Well I go to time machine and apparently I have never set it up. This is my first Mac btw.. Am I screwed? Is there something I can do to undo what I did or fix it with a new keychain or something? I've gone into keychain access and tried to create a new certificate which prob has nothing to do with it as it did nothing to solve my problem.. I'm just super confused and can't find any info out there to solve my problem. I consider myself pretty tech savvy but I'm in over my head here. Please help.

2. pocomptonpimp thread starter macrumors newbie

pocomptonpimp

I just finished reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling OSX. It's all working fine now.. I won't make that mistake again.