Reset Mail contacts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by guitargoddsjm, Mar 14, 2010.

1. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I decided it'd be nice to have my computer sync contacts with my iPhone over the air, so I decided to use Google's exchange sync with both. Once in a while it'll hiccup and duplicate entries or change someone's name, but it's worked well for the most part.

There is one thing that has been really bugging me though... I set up my parents contacts so their first name was either 'Mom' or 'Dad'. For some reason, my mom's last name changed to reflect her actual last name. I'm not sure what caused this, but I've managed to fix the name across the board. Despite this, when I compose a new message and type in "mom," the first address it autofills is Mom James (with her last name). My address book doesn't show this contact name anymore, neither does Google or my iPhone.

Is there a preference I can reset so Mail forgets these (incorrect) contact names? I mean the email address and everything is correct, it's just very irritating.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Take a look (in Mail) Windows -> Previous Recipients. You can remove autofill entries there.

3. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice, thank you!

4. Loa macrumors 65816

Loa

Hello,

Thx! Been looking for this for a long while!

Loa