Reset Network Settings if Battery Is Not Lasting or iPhone Is Getting Hot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by penajmz, Sep 18, 2016.

1. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

So yesterday, the first full day I've had my iPhone 7 Plus, it was getting warm with normal use and the battery barely lasted 5 hours before it reached 5%. I just thought it's a new phone and just thought it was indexing and whatnot.

Yesterday I was also having issues with text messages, not iMessages, sending and let getting an error "Not delivered". I tried hard resets, nothing. Airplane mode, nothing.

So I read an article that said to reset network settings to fix that, so I did. Ever since I did that, my phone has been performing as I think it should. Right now after I charged it again, 1 hour usage and the battery is at 94%. The phone is not warm whatsoever and texts are going through just fine.

Of course I think this has to do with restoring a backup, maybe something was corrupted in that process.

Maybe something some of you can try if the battery seems to be under performing.

2. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

My iPhone is hot but I'm not sure if it's because it's the weather or same issue as yours...my iPhone 6S is fine though and the battery on this 7 is going down pretty fast.

Love it but not loving this aspect.

I reset the network settings so... *crosses fingers*

3. penajmz thread starter macrumors 68030

penajmz

Did you also restore from a backup?

Let us know how it goes from now on.

4. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

I did...

The phone is still hot.

I haven't had issues with iMessage though.

5. penajmz thread starter macrumors 68030

penajmz

You just did it, I say give it a little bit of time.

6. juliawester macrumors newbie

juliawester

Thanks, I am going to try this because I have exactly the same issues you are reporting. I also had extreme issues during my restore from backup. I should have waited until I got home. Mall wifi sucked. It took forever and I feel like something was probably going wrong during restore.

7. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

That's why I am a big believer of NOT restoring a previous model phone's backup to a new model phone.

As much of a pain that it is, I took the time to set my 7+ up as new and just redownloading everything. I have all my apps that I use in iTunes on my MAC. So I just did a manual sync to get my apps and ringtones. Then I just reconfigured the phone back to the way I like it.

So far no issues, but I haven't used it much since setting it up this evening. I'll keep an eye on it the next few days to see if anything weird comes up.

As a side note, I much prefer the old home button on my 6s+ than the new tactile style on the 7+.

8. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

I downloaded the backup,
    I deleted it because of heating and restarted the phone as new.

It still heated and I realized I didn't have my imessages (something I couldn't redownload). So I deleted the phone again and just restored from iCloud backup again.

It still heats up occasionally...I'll wait and see as I got apple care this time around.