iPhone reset phone via passcode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by arara, Apr 18, 2014.

1. arara macrumors newbie

i'm looking for some sort of tweak to my phone where i can reset all content on my phone through a certain passcode. best example i can give to explain, you get arrested and you have incriminating evidence on your phone, they ask for your passcode and you give them the code that resets everything on your phone, so even if they are able to bypass the code they wont find anything. i don't mind if it bricks my phone, just as long as they are unable to recover any content from my phone. thanks

----------

i guess i should've posted this in the stickied thread

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you get arrested you don't need to give them the passcode if you dont want to.

3. arara thread starter macrumors newbie

i had a friend who was arrested and they kept his phone as evidence, i'm sure they have people who know well enough to bypass a passcode on an iphone once they have kept it for evidence. laws differ from state to state, and country

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, they can keep it in evidence but depending on the type of crime I guess and not sure if any evidence like that hacked or bypassed by law enforcement without your permission would be admissible in court though.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Doesn't matter. Afaik they have special tools to read your info if needed if I remember correctly.

6. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

No, they do not. Stop making things up

They do not have tools to bypass it. Also it's illegal so they wouldn't do it (any evidence found from it would be thrown out in court).

7. Carlanga, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014

Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Sighhh... I guess you should read for the newer fws:
    http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=29966

http://globalnews.ca/news/1218822/p...-rob-ford-files-but-iphone-was-their-undoing/

Are you studying law?

Also, there was a front page post here some time ago about police tools and iPhones of you want to try your hand at doing a search.

Or you know what here you go:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygre...ment-cracks-your-iphones-security-code-video/

8. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Yes, I am actually studying law. No police force would ever steal your data because it is completely inadmissible in court.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

It shows…

So you need to read, no one said the cops are going to steal your data to use as evidence, if they get your phone seized and by court order they can do whatever they need to get the info out and is NOT illegal. Which is what you said they couldn't do. I showed you links and proof that you are the one making things up from thin air and you didn't even said anything.

GL w/ your classes :)