Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wedda

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2014
Hey guys,

I had my MBP logic board repaired and the battery seems to work again and so does everything except the right fan and I cannot change the screen brightness..

I will most likely go back to the repairshop today but I've tried to reset the SMC using ctrl alt shift and power button..

Boot ROM Version: MBP112.0138.B17 - i think this is the newest as i updated to Sierra as well..

When I press the buttons I dont see my power connector blink (it did before i got the liquid damage)..

The processor feels like its running slow can be due to that both fans dont run?

Is there any other way to reset SMC? I've looked on the internet for 3 hours but maybe my searching ability is terrible... any tips are highly appriciated!

VAGDesign

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2014
Greece
Info from Apple:

Reset the SMC on Mac notebook computers
First determine whether the battery is removable. Mac notebook computers that have a nonremovable battery include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, MacBook (Late 2009), and MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015). Learn more about Mac notebook batteries.

If the battery is nonremovable

1. Shut down the Mac.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter to a power source and to your Mac.
  3. Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all keys, then press the power button again to turn on your Mac
If the battery is removable

1. Shut down the Mac.
  2. Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from the Mac.
  3. Remove the battery. (Learn about removing the battery in MacBook and MacBook Pro computers.)
  4. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.
  6. Press the power button to turn on the Mac.
The LED on MagSafe power adapters might change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

wedda

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2014
I got the macbook retina late 2013.. and that is not working for me.. it did back in the days before I repaired the logic board however

VAGDesign

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2014
Greece
Can you open it and disconnect the battery at least?
If you have connected the keyboard you can try the method for the other Macs... the ones with removable battery.
Just a thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.