Reset the Dock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by doteyes9, Jan 10, 2008.

1. doteyes9 macrumors member

Hi. I accidently changed the size of my dock and i was wondering how to get it back to factory defaults without a new install. I have Leopard.

2. hood macrumors member

You can resize the dock by clicking between the applications and the section where the trash can is located. If you place the mouse between those you will get a set of arrows pointing in different directions. When that occurs click and move the mouse up or down to increase or decrease the size of the dock.

Hope this helps.

3. doteyes9 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. That worked great and I was able to resize it exactly as it was before.

4. Nick T. macrumors regular

Opening System Preferences and clicking Dock will give you several options for the Dock.

Have fun........

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

For future reference, you can reset your dock by deleting a file named com.apple.dock.plist and restarting. However, I think that would be overkill in this instance. :)

6. Nick T. macrumors regular

mad jew - -

As a newbie to OS X who is trying to also learn the Unix side of the system, I really appreciate your many tips that I've read.

Thanks for remembering that us newbies aren't dummies, just somewhat uninformed.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

No worries mate. I'm sure you could teach me a thing or two about UNIX. :)