Reset to factory settings without USB?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Fontane, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Fontane macrumors regular

Just listed my Late-2010 for sale on Craigslist. I'm out of town for the holiday and in a major city where Craigslist is actually useful (CL is no good for the small city I live in). However, listing my MBA on CL was a spur of the moment decision and my USB key with the OS is at home (three hours away).

I bought the machine with Snow Leopard, have since upgraded to Lion, but understand that I cannot transfer that Lion license...so I'd like to reset to Snow Leopard.

Is there a way to reset my machine to factory settings without the USB or should I pull my listing on CL?

2. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

You cannot reset back to Snow Leopard without a Snow Leopard install CD or USB drive.

3. majkom macrumors 65816

do not care about that, even with SL DVD you won't be able to get rid of hidden partition with Lion recovery tool - so new user will be able to reinstall lion if he wish... I believe apple does not care, nor should you...

4. Fontane thread starter macrumors regular

But wouldn't the Lion registration be in my name and linked to my Apple store account?

5. majkom macrumors 65816

How that could be? you boot in restore mode and i believe there is no way apple is checking apple id