Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
Mini 1.

Before I get started is there anything I need to know about Erase All Contents and Settings when it comes to keeping ios 7 on Mini?

It won't force me to upgrade at the end?

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Mini 1.

Before I get started is there anything I need to know about Erase All Contents and Settings when it comes to keeping ios 7 on Mini?

It won't force me to upgrade at the end?

Any contacts, personal info, bookmarks, email accounts, photos etc can be backed up to iCloud or iTunes whichever you prefer. Erase all contents will do exactly what it says....1...2...3...poof goes your data and everything else. There's no going back.

Once the iPad reboots you can download everything from iCloud or do a restore from iTunes. If you do a restore via iTunes you will probably see a prompt to update to iOS 8. You can cancel and check the box, "don't ask again".

Eventually you will be prompted to update OTA because iOS 7 phones home a lot just like Android, looking for OS updates.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
Ok thanks. I was concerned about earlier posts saying things like "old iOS won't get signed" lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.