resetting an ipod touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JordanLB23, Dec 21, 2009.

1. JordanLB23 macrumors regular

so i want to reset my ipod touch, like remove all the songs, videos, pics, contact info etc. and put a new set of music on.

the thing is, i already have my main palylist for my iphone, and i want to make a seperate new playlist for my ipod touch which is for my younger sister. how would i do that?

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Restore the Touch to remove all data. Give it a different name to keep it separate from your iPhone. (It works for me.)

3. JordanLB23 thread starter macrumors regular

so i just used this method 3: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1495

and now my old playlist is gone

i had over 1000 songs, and like 20 vids on my old itunes library where the hell is it... im trying to help my sister

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

5. JordanLB23 thread starter macrumors regular

no its gone, i did the method 3 at the link to make a new playlist for my sister, and then i cant get to my old playlist with my stuff. i tried searching my finder thing and i cant find anything wth.

is there some mac feature where i can restore my macbook pro and everything abotu it to an hour ago or something?

Now i just deleted my sister's playlist, and i cant even open itunes now without making a new playlist.

where is my old playlist?

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I'm sorry that I can't help with Mac issues since I'm a PC. :( I'll bet that someone here will have some help for you but it may be in the morning. I'll keep looking in to see what the solution is. Don't panic; it interferes with thinking clearly. :)

7. JordanLB23 thread starter macrumors regular

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451

im using that method right now .hopefully it wrks cause if it doesnt i wont be able to go on my trip tomrrow id be too pissed and wont be able to go on a trip without my iphone.

so the method seems to be working but im missing 44 songs

i still cant create a seperate library for my sister... i fixed up my playlist and got it back..

8. androiphone macrumors 65816

you cant make seperate libraries can you?
    the best way IMO is just to create 2 playlists one for you and one for your sister then and then sync them respectively you can mix TV and songs in a playlist and you can have the same song in more than one playlist, each ipod is treated seperately just select to sync the playlist you want.