Resetting Battery Meter after Ram Upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by FryeMan, Oct 5, 2010.

1. FryeMan macrumors newbie

1st Post, so Hi everyone. I've lurked on the site for awhile now and have found great tips reading and searching the forums. This time I have not been able to find what I need and have decided to finally register.

I recently updated my 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook from the standard 2GB RAM with the Crucial 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 kit. (Please note I'm not that technically inclined, I just copied all that from the About This Mac window)

The performance jump has been amazing and I would totally recommend this easy upgrade to anyone. I am not a power user but I do surf the web fairly heavy and usually have open a number of applications.

But since the upgrade when I am running on battery power the percentage remaining has not been accurate and the computer will die without warning that the battery is running low. Is there a way to recalibrate this meter? I know the new RAM is going to suck more power than the standard 2GB and I'm fine with that but it would be nice to know when I'm about to die so I don't loose any of my open documents.

Thanks,
    Rich

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

What you want to do is calibrate your battery. Charge it fully, then use it on battery until it completely dies and goes to sleep. Leave it that way for 5 or more hours then charge and use as normal. Should make it a bit more accurate.