Resetting Mail to Default Viewing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SolidImaging, Dec 9, 2008.

1. SolidImaging macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone.

I have no idea what I did but my Mail looks VERY different than it did this morning when I booted up. I used to be able to see my new mail with maybe three or four already read mails and all the other read mails were tucked away up top. Now I have this really long string of read mails AND I have to double-click on new mails in order to read them. This morning before whatever this is happened, I just had to highlight the new mail and it popped up. Would someone please tell me how to reset it to default?

Thanks!

2. DLH macrumors member

Did the selected message appear in the same window below the list of messages?

If so, you probably closed the message area. You can click and drag the border below the message up to where you want it, or you can double-click it to restore it to it's previous position.

-dlh

Attached Files:

3. SolidImaging thread starter macrumors newbie

Dopey me got impatient and just reloaded my OS. Bad idea. Lost files that were on my desktop, had to reload all my software, AND while my mailbox looks the same now, I can't get it configured correctly to be able to send mail. I have a call into my computer guy. Hopefully he can recover the lost files.