Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eladm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2011
Hi experts,
I have a 4.3.5 iPhone 4, which is jailbroken tethered. I want to reset it to 4.3.5 but not jailbreak. I only had it for a couple of weeks, so no saved SHSH of 4.3.5 - TinyUmbrella shows 5.0.1 only. Cydia says "pending TSS queue..".

Is "removing" the jailbreak without upgrading to 5.0.1 possible for me ?

Thanks!
E

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Hi experts,
I have a 4.3.5 iPhone 4, which is jailbroken tethered. I want to reset it to 4.3.5 but not jailbreak. I only had it for a couple of weeks, so no saved SHSH of 4.3.5 - TinyUmbrella shows 5.0.1 only. Cydia says "pending TSS queue..".

Is "removing" the jailbreak without upgrading to 5.0.1 possible for me ?

Thanks!
E

I have heard lot of people successfully using Ifaith to save blob of your phone current OS version even Apple stops signing it, then restore to that firmware. I personally have not used it, so I don't know if it works or not but there are members in this forums claim they have done so.

Here is the tutorial on how to use Ifaith if you want to use it;

http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/ifaith-save-shsh-blobs-unsigned-ios-windows

ylerT

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
Las Vegas
iFaith works beautifully for this situation. I've had to use it quite a few times on phones that I needed to keep on the firmware it was running. So far, I haven't ran into any issues and highly recommend it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.