Resetting Souncheck Data for my iTunes tracks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Winter Charm, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Okay, so basically, since i have gotten tons of music from different sources (itunes store, amazon mp3 store etc) all my soundcheck data has been thrown off for the library. I am beginning to have to adjust volumes again and i'm not happy about it.

Is there any way to get iTunes to reanalyze the entire library so that they are pretty much equal again. I have a really wide range of music - everything from classical to metal and rap, i NEED souncheck. I really wish apple had included a menu option that allowed you to rerun soundcheck for either selected songs or the entire library. :rolleyes:

Any help is appreciated, and since i'm a firm believer in backups, i'm 100% open to experimentation :) - just point me in the right direction lol. :D

1. is there any way to reset all the soundcheck data and have itunes reanalyze my songs?

2. Any suitable way to do this outside of itunes?

2. lostless macrumors 6502

I think the soundcheck tag is located in the file itself, so if a file has been analyzed, it won't check again. I recommend iVolume. Look it up. It does a much better job that apples sound check and get very consistent results from it. It writes its results to the itunes soundcheck tag. It allows you to do albums as a whole. So albums that flow from 1 song to another won't have a sudden change in volume when a song changes. Which is impossible using apples sound check.