Resetting Wireless Mouse Preferences

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sploich, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Sploich macrumors newbie

I typically use a very basic Microsoft wireless mouse (this one), but recently I plugged in a wired Apple mouse (this one, I believe).

I then decided to go back to my Microsoft mouse and now all the buttons are messed up. Left and Right work fine but now the Wheel button opens my Dashboard and the left Side button sends me into All Windows mode.

I used to have both of them programmed to 1) open links I clicked on in new tabs and 2) select and open links in new tabs in Firefox with Snap Links Plus. I'm assuming the Apple mouse switched some things around but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get back to my original settings. I check the preferences in Firefox, Snap Links Plus and on my system but I can't find anywhere to reprogram my mouse. I don't remember how I originally did it but I think it just sort of programmed that way automatically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Have you check the Mouse settings in System Preferences?

3. Sploich thread starter macrumors newbie

I went into System Preferences and I can't find anywhere, mouse-related or not, that would help me. Under "Mouse," all I get is Tracking Speed, Double-Click Speed, Scrolling Speed, Primary mouse button, and zooming options.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I forget where in the Mouse settings the thing you need is. But I know it's in there. Just start changing things that have to do with the mouse buttons.