Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The 2023 remake of popular game Resident Evil 4 is set to be available on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac on Wednesday, December 20. Capcom updated its website with the launch date this week.

resident-evil-4.jpg

Resident Evil 4 is one of the console games that can be played on the iPhone 15 Pro models with A17 Pro chip. The A17 Pro chip features hardware-accelerated ray tracing and improved GPU capabilities that make console-quality gaming possible.

The title will be playable on the iPhone 15 Pro, the iPhone 15 Pro Max, iPads that are equipped with an M1 or later, and all Apple silicon Macs.

Capcom plans to charge $59.99 for Resident Evil 4 on the iPhone and iPad, which is the same price as the game on consoles like the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. Additional DLC content like new areas and weapon packs will be available at prices ranging from $2.99 to $19.99.

Capcom released the Resident Evil 4 remake on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC in March. Compared to the original 2005 title, the updated version includes overhauled graphics, new characters, and updated gameplay elements like crafting items and ammo from resources.

Pre-orders for Resident Evil 4 are available on the App Store, and Capcom says that there will be a demo available for those who want to try the game out before buying.

Article Link: Resident Evil 4 Coming to iPhone, iPad and Mac on December 20

midkay

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
700mb on the iPhone compared to 60-70gb on a console. Textures must be highly compressed.
700mb is frankly impressive to me. That’s not much bigger than a couple Facebook or Google apps. I’m sure there’s some texture compression involved, which is fair since phone screens are pretty small anyways, but the screenshots look pretty good regardless. Interested to see reviews when this finally hits.

reygza

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2015
San Diego, CA
RE: Village has been crash site for me, hopefully they do a better job porting this and testing.

Also, a promo price during launch would help. Not planning on buying a $60 game when it’s lower on competing platforms.

Any date on Death Stranding Director’s Cut?

Reactions: Mahieu

ThatGuyInLa

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2012
SC
They go through all that fuss to show off "AAA" gaming on the new M3s and then a week later...."Oh yeah, you can play it on your phone too."

I mean that doesn't mean the M3 is a slug, it's NOT. Just means the game isn't really THAT taxing. I find this... amusing.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
They go through all that fuss to show off "AAA" gaming on the new M3s and then a week later...."Oh yeah, you can play it on your phone too."

I mean that doesn't mean the M3 is a slug, it's NOT. Just means the game isn't really THAT taxing. I find this... amusing.
Yes, but the 15 Pro/max can only run these games at 720p resolution with low settings.

it’s the iPads and M-series Mac where it does really shine.

Can the iPad Pro M1/16GB run this game at native resolution with stable FPS?

can the M1 Max MBPs run this game at native resolution with Stable FPS

Will the M3 Max beast this game will settings full specked w/RT and hit 60fps?

only time will tell

Reactions: Mahieu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.