Resident Evil 4 Released Into the US App Store (screens and first impressions)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Jul 27, 2009.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Resident Evil 4, a game that has won numerous awards on consoles, has been released into the US App Store for $7.99. I'm coninced that I was the first to download it. I noticed it was released hours ago and I sent out tips to a few sites (including TouchArcade), now I finally made a post here.

So far, the graphics look good, though not as good as I was hoping for. I'll post a comparison between the Gamecube and iPhone versions soon. It was obviously made for the iPhone and iPhone 3G, so the iPhone 3GS only plays it smoother. The controls feel clumsier than Resident Evil: Degeneration's controls, though it should be easy to get used to the controls. I'd recommend buying it if you want Resident Evil where ever you go, it's a better game than Resident Evil: Degeneration, as expected. $7.99 seems like a good value as well. I would grab it now in case Capcom pulls it like they did with the Japanese version. The Japanese version was supposed to come out first, then the US version was set to release in August.

I got pretty lucky. I searched for Resident Evil 4 a few hours ago, then exited the App Store when Resident Evil 4 didn't come up. Then, the next time that I opened the App Store, Resident Evil 4 showed up. I thought about buying it for a minute, then I figured that I couldn't wait for the app to come out, and $7.99 is a decent price as long as it's atleast decent, which it seems to be so far.

Here are the first pictures of the US version (taken by me, and uploaded from an iPhone 3GS):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ShiryuX macrumors member

ShiryuX

Hmm..it looks alot like Resident Evil: Degeneration game on iPhone. Just with a RE4 coat now :p.

I sort of liked Degeneration (nothing earth shattering but could play nicely-ish) so might pick this one up :).

3. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

I do like Resident Evil...

I guess I'll download it when I get home and give it a test.