Resize boot disk?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Drew017, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Is there ANY way to resize my boot disk without erasing data? I had to do an emergency reinstall of leopard, and I had to partition my hard drive to install because my backup disk image of the install was on my HD. Right now I have a fresh install of leopard, and I deleted my old partition, but I still have almost half of my HD with free space. Look at the image.

[​IMG]

2. larkost macrumors 6502a

MacOS X only allows you to move the end-point of your volume, you can't move the start point. So in your case this is not going to be very helpful.

However, what you can do is create anothe partition in the blank space at the front of your disk, and then use DiskUtility to clone your current volume to that new volumne. Then if you want you can delete your old volume (while booted from the new), and expand the new volume into that space.

3. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

And that will work? I'll give it a go! Thanks!

4. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

Thanks for your input! Actually, the first method worked! I now have one 60GB HD again :D. Thanks!!! I think I will get an external and make a system duplicate so this won't happen again!