Resize flash animation in dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Dal123, May 26, 2009.

1. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I have an animation I have created thanks to help of 'samwich' on this site. I have tried to attach it as a swf.file however it was invalid file.
    Now I'm using it on my home page in dreamweaver and after ages of me creating it, displays a white header and footer (like widescreen). I don't like it and want to remove these white lines but don't know how to. The white lines only appear in dreamweaver when I am previewing in browser.
    It would be very long winded to go through flash and change the size of the photo's in every single frame in flash. Surely I can resize in dreamweaver just by entering some numbers.
    I have tried by entering as a percentage. This still displays the white lines, also my logo is a bit big and would like to change this too. Surely you can adjust in dreamweaver without going to files in other programs then coming back to see the look of it, then change it again.

2. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Oh No!

Whoops :(
    I just tried opening the logo file in image ready, resized it about 90% as thought that would be good. Did this from the file in root folder.
    Went back to dreamweaver and see how it would look. Now it will not appear.:eek:

3. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Just sorted out the logo issue. I saved the file again in the root folder, then saved an optimized version of the file.
    This has worked somehow. Must be a bug in program or something like that. Hope this helps someone else that comes across this problem.
    Still don't know what to do with the flash animation.

4. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Sorted It!

Fixed it, under the property inspector, under scale, it was set as default. I changed it to exact fit and now the white lines are gone.