Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stormyguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2002
UK (Sussex)
Hi

I want to use an image I've designed in Photoshop CS2 for use as a 'welcome' page in iWeb by using a blank page and inserting the image into it. I know this is very amateur and not the ideal way to do things but I don't know any other html or code or clever stuff!

I'd imagine I'll need to size the image and was wondering if there were any suggested resize options to make it stay nice and 'sharp' as designed in PS and yet efficient to load in any web browser. Is it just as simple as resizing my photos and so on for forums or should this be treated differently? If I do a 'normal' resize it doesn't seem to be as clear and 'dynamic'.....

In the fullness of time we want to make the front page image more 'interactive' with graphics/text to click for the various sections of the site but for now we just want a cool front page....

If you need any more info just shoot....

Thanks in advance :)
Danny

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Well Photoshop's "Save for Web" option seems to be really good at keeping quality and reducing file size. And it lets you try different settings and see the file size change as you tweak settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.