Resize Quicktime Player's Screeen Recordings?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mirabella, May 30, 2010.

1. Mirabella macrumors regular

I see that you can make video screen captures in Snow Leopard, using Quicktime Player's New Screen Movie feature. This is great for my needs, except for one thing: They're too big. It makes life-size recordings of my entire 1,900 x 1,200 screen, and the files seems to come out around 11 megabytes per minute of video.

I don't see a way to resize the screen capture videos to a smaller size, in Quicktime Player. Is there a way?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

2. Mirabella thread starter macrumors regular

3. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

You would need to resize the video in some other software. The only option Quicktime gives is "High" or "Medium" quality.

You can also open the movie in Quicktime and save it out with one of the presets such as "HD 480p" or "iPhone" which will reduce the size as well.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can use MPEG Streamclip (www.squared5.com) to adjust the size after video has been saved.

And 11MB for one minute of video is not that much for a video with that size.

5. Mirabella thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you.

I'll check out Streamclip.

I'm not saying 11 MB is a lot for that size; I'm just saying that 1,900x 1,200, and 11 MB per minute, are both larger than ideal for sharing casual videos on the web. It' larger than most people's screens, and the files are larger than people want to download or stream.