Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

memco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2008
On this page, my client wants the content to scale with window size. This works for the container, but there is an iframe (can also be a div w/ overflow: scroll) that needs to scale as well. Any suggestions on how to best go about this? I've also tried jQuery scaling and fullscreenr plugins, but they don't give me the results I'm after.

digitalField

macrumors regular
May 21, 2004
portland
On this page, my client wants the content to scale with window size. This works for the container, but there is an iframe (can also be a div w/ overflow: scroll) that needs to scale as well. Any suggestions on how to best go about this? I've also tried jQuery scaling and fullscreenr plugins, but they don't give me the results I'm after.

This is when i would invoke a little something called 'pushing back'.. as in push back on the client.

Sometimes clients ask for things, because they think they need it but in reality they dont.. You should find out why your client wants it to scale.. is it just for cool factor? is it because of browser screen sizes? is it for some other reason?

then you can help find the best approach to get there.

M

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.