Resizing of Itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by biker74, May 2, 2009.

1. biker74 macrumors member

biker74

Hello All

Progressing quite well with my conversion over to Mac - few teething problems sorted.

However, got one, quite a basic one that is doing my head in.

Most applications I can resize the window, however, on itunes, when it opens, the corner that you would normally use to resize is obscured by the tool bar thing along the bottom (sorry, cant recall the name, is it the dashboard?) anyway - have tried moving this dashboard, but still cant get to the corner I need - when you minimize, it just goes to a very small box.

I know its something very simple, but cant find the right thing to do - thanks.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Right click on the "Dock" and click Turn Hiding On then when you move the mouse away you can resize the window. :) I hope I understood your question.

3. biker74 thread starter macrumors member

biker74

Yes, you understand, and I have tried that, and it very nearly helps, but just cant get to that corner. Thought adjusting my screen settings may help but no. I can move the window around, but cant get it high enough either.

4. jabrowntx macrumors 6502

Try copying and pasting this into Script Editor and running it. The large "window thing" happened to me when I copied my iTunes library from my Mac Pro with a 24" screen to my 15" Macbook Pro.

It sets the window to a much smaller size, then you'll be able to set it.

Code:
    tell application "iTunes"
    	set the bounds of the first window to {10, 30, 1400, 700}
    end tell