Resizing photos in iPhoto?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kingpause, Aug 24, 2007.

1. kingpause macrumors newbie

How does one resize a picture in iPhoto? The only way I've found to do it so far is to adjust the size when exporting. Seems like a silly thing to leave out of the editing functions, so I'm fairly certain that I'm just not looking at the right menu, or using the wrong word in searching the help. Right? :confused:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You can crop it quite easily. Why do you want to change the size before exporting? I'm not sure I understand the need... :eek:

3. kingpause thread starter macrumors newbie

If, for example, I am importing in CD covers to add to my itunes library (and before you ask, no, these covers are not in the itunes store, so I can't just do a "get artwork"), and the only images I can find are 1200x1200. I just want to be able to reduce these images to say, 500x500. Cropping has absolutely nothing to do with it, I just want to shrink the image, the whole image. Every image editing program I've used in the past, all you have to do is go to an image resizing menu. I can't find this menu in iPhoto. I'm just asking if it exists.