Resizing Pictures in Preview

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Toro KMA, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Toro KMA macrumors newbie

I updated my OS software and I noticed a change in the Preview function. When I open a picture and want to adjust the size of the picture, I click and drag the Preview pane at the bottom right of the picture and adjust it to the size I want. In previous versions, I was able to adjust the pictures in Preview to a very small width without any gray shading in the Preview pane. Now, the width is limited such that if I try to adjust a picture any smaller, I get gray shading around the Preview pane and can't make the pane any smaller. I don't want the gray shading in the preview pane. For example, I cannot size this pane to be any smaller such that the gray shading is eliminated and all I see see is the picture. I want to be able to adjust the pane smaller without the gray shading. Anyone know how to do this?

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try clicking the green button in the upper left corner of the Preview window.
    Try clicking View > Zoom to Fit
    Make sure the grey area around the picture isn't actually part of the picture. If it is, you can drag a box around the picture itself and crop the grey area off.