Resizing video clips/iMovie HD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by natemjames, Jul 18, 2009.

1. natemjames macrumors newbie

Hi there, new to the forums here so take it easy on me:p

I did a search on MRoogle with no satisfactory results.

Recently I decided it'd be fun to put together a movie and while I've slowly been getting used to iMovie HD (first time using it 'properly'), I still haven't been able to "master" it yet.

I was wondering whether it's possible to resize some of the clips I have? Some of the clips are different sizes and my intention is to publish the movie on something like YouTube or similar. I don't know if YouTube does this automatically? I don't remember it like that. I don't want to have varying sizes of the clips when I send it to my friends, either, so..

Can I resize the clips so they're all the same size? Can I do that in iMovie HD, or anything else on my Mac? Or do I have to download another piece of software to do this?

Also, I'm not looking to spend any money on a professional editing program so please bear that in mind :)

The movies are in Quicktime MPEG-4 format if that's helpful.

Thanks!:)

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I don't use iMovie personally, but I believe it automatically resizes video clips when they're added.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Generally, it will resize all the clips to the project size, if the clip is smaller - it will either stretch or put black bars around it, I can't remember right now.