Resizing window from any corner

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Goride, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Goride macrumors newbie

My first Mac just arrived from FedEx. (2.4ghz mbp w/ high res antiglare)

I'm used to windows and trying to get used to OSX. One thing I just noticed is that I can only resize the window from the bottom right corner. In windows you can resize from any corner. I can't seem to find a setting to change this. Is there a way to do it or am I stuck only resizing from bottom right?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are dozens of threads discussing this. No, there is no setting in Mac OS X to change that.

Searching the forum with MRoogle will usually find answers to most of your questions:

Resizing windows in OS X

3. Goride thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that link. There were links to apps that seem like they may be useful.

I did do a search using the forum search function. But the threads I found just seemed to be people trying to convince others that they don't need resizing options. Or simply that the mac way is better.

Not exactly helpful.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

That's because some people post threads on that (or other) topic(s) in order to start what is commonly known as a "flame war". They often succeed.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You are used to Windows. That is the problem. You are now using a different system and some things are going to be different. I'm not saying it is better, just different.

6. brijazz macrumors 6502

brijazz

As others have noted, this method of resizing windows is simply the way things are done on a Mac. If you want to be able to resize a window from any corner, take a look at something called MondoMouse: http://www.atomicbird.com/mondomouse