Resizing windows

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ryanmangos, Jul 23, 2007.

1. ryanmangos macrumors newbie

I am a first time Mac user with a new 17" MBP and I am having issues resizing some windows, notably movie videos. I would open up a movie and it opens up in a huge window so I am not able to see the bottom right hand corner to resize. I tried checking quick time settings to see if I could change that but its a no go. So my question is, is there another way to resize videos/files/windows besides the bottom right hand corner?

Thanks in advanced

Ryan

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Hi,

Try clicking the green blob, top left. That should fit the window to the size of the content you're viewing - hopefully it'll still keep the controls on-screen.

3. ryanmangos thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried that and it just doesn't do anything. the width of the movie is fine, its just the length that wont/can't change.

I first noticed it when I dl'd iRecord to try it out. The movie was saved to my desktop and it was huge. I opened up some other movies/clips that I had saved and some are regular size and some are huge as well.

4. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

5. ryanmangos thread starter macrumors newbie

doh, I apologize. I am a newb didn't even try that let alone realize to use the view option. I forgot it was there, I am still used to how windows has it setup. Thanks a bunch. I am now a MAC luva, score 1 more for the MAC side woohoo.

6. acslater017 macrumors 6502a

also, in Quicktime, :apple:-3, resizes the window to "Fit to Screen" or something like that...