Resizing Windows...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ArtOfWarfare, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I just launched an application... and the window came up far too large. The window is actually too tall to fit on the screen so the drag corner is off the bottom. I can't drag the window any higher because it won't pass the menu bar. Is there some kind of terminal command I can use to resize the window? (Seriously, why does Apple still not allow you to resize from any corner?)

If you want the know the specific application... it's World Editor, the map editor for the game WarCraft III. I have upgraded to 10.5.2. I don't recall this happening when I was using 10.5.1 (although I may just not have needed it... I'm normally content with it filling up my whole screen... just right now I'd like to see multiple windows side by side.)

My computer is a 2.4 GHz 24" Aluminum iMac. Like I said, I'm running 10.5.2.

Wait... I never got that other update after getting 10.5.2. While I doubt that'll fix it... I'll go get it.

Edit: Alright, I got the update now, and the window is still too big for the corner to be on the screen. When I turn on exposé I can see it but I can't use it! :( I guess my window is stuck at this size unless there is a terminal command that will resize the window... (and no, this isn't a full screen application.)

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Try clicking the green + button in the top left of the window. Other than that AppleScript might be able to resize the window...

3. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I can't believe I didn't think of that...

thanks! It worked.

4. Kondor macrumors newbie

Kondor

resizing without green button

I have the same problem except my green button became grey and doesn't do anything. can I do resize now?
    :mad: