Resolution Hack on Macbook

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Ok, so I have looked all over, up and down, and even UNDER! And I just can't find this damned hack. It's part of the terminal, I had it saved as a favorite, and it's gone now. It lets you "proportionatly" change the Macbook resolution, and I just can't find this anywhere...anyone know it or where I can find it?

Thanks in advance.

Oh someone please say something, you have to know wut I'm talking about. There is a code you put into terminal, and it basically changes the size of everything on the screen, so you can have more screen space, but everything is smaller, or if you want, less screen space where everything is bigger.

ChiltonWebb

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2004
Rapmastac1 said:
Oh someone please say something, you have to know wut I'm talking about. There is a code you put into terminal, and it basically changes the size of everything on the screen, so you can have more screen space, but everything is smaller, or if you want, less screen space where everything is bigger.
You're looking for the Quartz Debug tool in the Developer/Apps folder.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
In Leopard, Apple is apparently working on vectorzing the GUI (last image) so that it scales beautifully and quickly. There is no word on whether there will be a "vector aqua" or if it will just be a dev tool like it is in 10.4 but what we do know is that there will be icons that go to 512x512.

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
Thats cool.... I cant really see a reason for me to use it... but I know my dad will love it. These tiny pixels are a pain for the older users.

Vidd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2006
QuarterSwede said:
In Leopard, Apple is apparently working on vectorzing the GUI (last image) so that it scales beautifully and quickly. There is no word on whether there will be a "vector aqua" or if it will just be a dev tool like it is in 10.4 but what we do know is that there will be icons that go to 512x512.
Last I heard they had created icons at 512x512.
That's not the same as planning to use them at that size.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Where do I find this, I look in Utilities, and it aint there, then I check on my install disc, and I look into a folder and see Dev Apps or something, along with a lot of other files that have SDK in them.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
Rapmastac1 said:
Where do I find this, I look in Utilities, and it aint there, then I check on my install disc, and I look into a folder and see Dev Apps or something, along with a lot of other files that have SDK in them.
Download developer tools from Apple, install and then it will be in Macintosh HD > Developer > Applications > Performance Tools

wordy

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
Toronto
Last I heard they had created icons at 512x512.
That's not the same as planning to use them at that size.
I assume they set that 512x512 guideline to start transitioning icon and program devs into including them so that in future releases they could be used. They are very much in use already though! Zoom in all the way on dictionary.app and most of the new leopard icons for that matter!