Resolution Independence?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hakr, Jul 28, 2010.

1. hakr macrumors regular

In my lifetime, hopefully?

Seriously, has anyone got any updated info on whether Apple will work R.I. into the operating system? It's my one remaining serious gripe about the OS and y 27" iMac.

2. hakr thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm well aware of that.

Apple needs to incorporate Resolution Independence. Hell, my wife turned down a new iMac because "the damned type on the screen is too small...even the font sizes on my old Windows laptop are adjustable."

And, of course, she is absolutely correct.

3. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Let's hope 10.7 finally fulfills this promise from Apple. I use a Mac Mini as an HTPC hooked to my 40" HDTV and the font issue is bad, real bad.

4. kolax macrumors G3

It's not just that. We need a resolution independent web to form too. One where, you can scale the website larger and graphics don't become pixelated, or increase the font size and tables and layout retain their proper form.

One day..

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Write: www.apple.com/feedback

It's already in iOS.

6. Xavier macrumors 68020

This is also something I have been looking forward to when they first stated it would be released, and very disappointed when it was not.

I really want this feature

7. kolax macrumors G3

It's not. iOS allows free zooming/scaling, but you still get pixelated graphics once you zoom in to a point. Obviously far less noticeable on the size of the iPhone's screen, but with the iPhone 4's resolution, it is still noticeable.