Resolution of the touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kaar, May 9, 2011.

1. Kaar macrumors newbie

Greetings,

I have been searching for a while (and couldn't find the answer) what is the touch resolution in the IPhone 4.
    When I say "touch resolution" I don't mean resolution of the touch screen, but the touch itself. F.e if I have a finger in a size of a needle, will I still be able to use the IPhone 4 touch screen? What is the resolution in which the iPhone will be able to sense my touch?
    An answer will be much appreciated, or even a guidance to where I should ask this question and get a good answer.

Thanks in advance!

2. AML225 macrumors regular

This is an interesting question and something I had never really thought about. Unfortunately I can't answer but my guess would be that the touch is measured in pixels to correspond with the UI of the phone. IE the smallest touch area recognizable could be something like a 2x2 square of pixels. I would also guess this is more limited by the software than the hardware. Are you a registered developer? I'm sure the information would be in the developer's resources.

3. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

I am a registered developer if you have any idea where I might need to look I could look for you. I think you need to look into the manufacturing specs of the digilizer, but I have no idea where to find those. If you are desperate enough you could buy a cheap digilizer off eBay (the cheap ones have the touch zones visible) and you could measure the size between each area. Let us know if you figure this out it is a very intriguing question.