Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foeller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Sorry, I can see that this topic is quite common, but somehow I can't find a definitive answer to the question:

I've got a Samsung LCD HD TV with the resolution 1366x768 My TV (nej means no, and ja means yes), and a Macbook Pro 13" (2010 version, 2,4 GHz). I connect those two with a standard VGA cable, but I can't get the right resolution (1366x768).

I've tried to make my Macbook sleep, so my TV id the primary screen, but I can't get the right resolution. 800x600 is the lowest, 1900x1080 is the highest, and the closest to 1366x768 is something like 1340x760 (not exactly that number, but it's pretty close).

My question is: Can I get 1366x768 resolution my TV when I connect my Macbook? If the answer is yes, how?

Foeller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Have you tried connecting it via HDMI? (Using a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter)

No, I haven't. I don't have a HDMI adapter, and I don't want to buy it if it's possible to make my VGA adapter work.

Why will it be difference with a HDMI adapter?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.