iPhone X Resolution, Revolution, Ready?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wyckham, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Wyckham macrumors regular

Hi All,

I am very interested in iPhone X Plus this year, coming from 8Plus. However, I have been reading that the X Plus will have the same resolution as the X. I have read a lot about the resolution on the current X not suiting many situations such as videos and other media being in a more "standard" resolution.

Does this mean media will change in future to be more like the X resolution, or are Apple bringing the issues with the current X resolutions to the Plus?

Is Apple trying to start a resolution revolution? :) Or am I missing something?

UPDATE: Sorry I mean aspect ratio more so....

2. orev macrumors 6502

Media is very unlikely to change to match the iPhone X screen. People need to get used to the "black bars" on devices that don't match the media resolution exactly. It has always been a stupid complaint and it's still a stupid complaint now. Devices can and should be able to be different sizes and aspect ratios, and video can just play at whatever size fits on the screen. Full screen video on the X, with the notch in the way, looks terrible anyway. It's not like content producers are going to start shooting in a "notch shaped" video shape just so people can watch in the X.