Resolutions not showing up on new display

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Graeme43, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Hey guys, had my dell display go boom so I ended up getting an acer S235HL and have my Mac plugged in via the VGA port. The problem is that it only shows up non widescreen resolutions. :confused:

If I boot 10.5.8 it works at 1920x1080 completely fine but I prefer to linger on 10.2.8 :) 10.2.7 came on G5 PowerMacs so I think its modern enough to have support for sizes like that. ScreenResX doesn't seem to show any more than the standard set :confused:

I just want anything that is 16:9. Attached picture to show what I mean

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. rjcalifornia macrumors 6502a

rjcalifornia

10.2.7 is waaaay to old. Leopard is old too but I rather use Leopard than 10.2.8

3. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

I just love that old 'pin stripe' theme, wish there was something like it for the new OS x versions.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

<<SHAKES>><<SHUDDERS>>

Uh. No! I don't really care for the over metalified GUI of Panther/Tiger but I said several amens and hallelujahs when Panther did away with the striping!

5. micahgartman macrumors member

micahgartman

According to this article...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-10343251-263.html?tag=mfiredir

...the issue may be related to com.apple.windowserver.plist

Of course, back up your existing PLIST before trying this ;)

6. Graeme43 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Gotta love the stripes of Jaaaag :D but can't stand the metal crap of Panther :(

Found the file under /library after working why wasnt under /system lol :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

Anyone else find the old OSX dock used in say 10.4 Tiger strangely similar to the iOS 7 dock? Sort of the same transparent flat design funny enough! :p

The 10.5-present look of OSX is my favourite OS look, desktop or mobile ever. While I'm not against ANY change, topping forstal's design is going to be close to impossible in future OSX updates :/

8. Graeme43 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

I must be the only one who never liked 10.3 metal theme and dulled aqua :eek: Apple went from fantastic Aqua to a dull gray :(

Trying to see if I can edit in a resolution but it doesnt seem to show up:confused: just gave me a squashed boot screen :rolleyes: hmm

Attached Files: