(resolved) Assistant Extensions Circle of Death!

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Hi, I just downloaded Assistant Extensions via cydia, and then clicked on "respring", and the little circle thingy has been going round and round for 10 minutes. (I have installed many tweaks in the last 4 days and it never did this for more than a few seconds). I have not pushed any buttons, or tried anything to get it to stop, (didn't wanna mess things up further). So does anyone have any ideas on how I can get out of this, (I don't wanna throw out my last 3 days of work by having to restore, rejb, retweak). :confused:

Last edited:

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Look up methods of what's called SSH into your device and removing that particular package. Or perhaps a more experienced member of the forums(i.e. Applejuiced, iFiend) could help further explain things.

mccoy015

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
not an expert but I would try a hard reset. Hold the home and lock/unlock buttons at the same time until it turns off then turn it back on.

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
not an expert but I would try a hard reset. Hold the home and lock/unlock buttons at the same time until it turns off then turn it back on.

OK, I'll try that, I don't think it could hurt at this point, but what about a soft reset, and what is the diff between the two?

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
OK, I'll try that, I don't think it could hurt at this point, but what about a soft reset, and what is the diff between the two?
I'm actually unfamiliar with a soft reset.. unless you mean reboot, which is an option with SBSettings.

In any case, just do a reset, as mccoy said, hold the power button and home button together, usually it's about 10 seconds, sometimes it's closer to 8 it seems.... whatever, anyways, just until your screen blacks out then release both together. Let the phone restart.

If the problem persists, then that means you really stepped in it. Just restore it.. it's the easiest way out. Yes, you'll have to re-install all your addons.. it's a pain, but stuff happens :(

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012

You mean the sleep/wake button on the top right, correct?
(it won't wipe my data will it?)

----------

I did it, a hard reset, and it's back to normal, lost nothing.
My heart sank when that little thing kept spinning. :eek:

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it. I did come to the right place, I love my JB4s and I love MR :)

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
I actually uninstalled SiriToggles it because it seemed to mess up my resprings.
I'll try it later when the work out the bugs. It resprings normally now.

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Does anyone know why I was having problems?
was it a bug today, should I try it tomorrow?
Are all 3 of the siri packages acting the same way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.