(resolved) Assistant Extensions Circle of Death!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 4sFanatic, Jan 26, 2012.

1. 4sFanatic, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

4sFanatic macrumors regular

Hi, I just downloaded Assistant Extensions via cydia, and then clicked on "respring", and the little circle thingy has been going round and round for 10 minutes. (I have installed many tweaks in the last 4 days and it never did this for more than a few seconds). I have not pushed any buttons, or tried anything to get it to stop, (didn't wanna mess things up further). So does anyone have any ideas on how I can get out of this, (I don't wanna throw out my last 3 days of work by having to restore, rejb, retweak). :confused:

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Look up methods of what's called SSH into your device and removing that particular package. Or perhaps a more experienced member of the forums(i.e. Applejuiced, iFiend) could help further explain things.

3. mccoy015 macrumors member

not an expert but I would try a hard reset. Hold the home and lock/unlock buttons at the same time until it turns off then turn it back on.

4. 4sFanatic thread starter macrumors regular

OK, I'll try that, I don't think it could hurt at this point, but what about a soft reset, and what is the diff between the two?

5. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

This happened this morning when I installed SiriToggles.
    I did a hard reset and it's working fine now.

6. 4sFanatic thread starter macrumors regular

OK, 2 votes for Hard reset has got me. I'mma gonna try it and get back to you guys soon. Thanks! :)

7. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

I'm actually unfamiliar with a soft reset.. unless you mean reboot, which is an option with SBSettings.

In any case, just do a reset, as mccoy said, hold the power button and home button together, usually it's about 10 seconds, sometimes it's closer to 8 it seems.... whatever, anyways, just until your screen blacks out then release both together. Let the phone restart.

If the problem persists, then that means you really stepped in it. Just restore it.. it's the easiest way out. Yes, you'll have to re-install all your addons.. it's a pain, but stuff happens :(

8. 4sFanatic thread starter macrumors regular

You mean the sleep/wake button on the top right, correct?
    (it won't wipe my data will it?)

----------

I did it, a hard reset, and it's back to normal, lost nothing.
    My heart sank when that little thing kept spinning. :eek:

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it. I did come to the right place, I love my JB4s and I love MR :)

9. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

I actually uninstalled SiriToggles it because it seemed to mess up my resprings.
    I'll try it later when the work out the bugs. It resprings normally now.

10. 4sFanatic thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone know why I was having problems?
    was it a bug today, should I try it tomorrow?
    Are all 3 of the siri packages acting the same way?

11. sirpots macrumors regular

This happened to may today too. I had to perform a restore, but I reinstalled it and had no problem.