*Resolved* Brand new iPhone 4 running 4.0.2, Push Notifications not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by db67fm, Aug 28, 2010.

1. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

I went to the Apple store and bought a new, off the shelf, iPhone 4 for my wife. (Added a second line on my account, now with 2 iPhone 4s)

Got home, installed Facebook and Words with Friends and noticed that Push Notifications are not working on either app.

Push notifications work fine on my iPhone 4 running 4.0.1. Her phone was already running 4.0.2 out of the box. Everything else is the same on both phones except for the OS version.

I have reset all settings on her phone, rebooted, re-installed apps, checked notification settings...

Any ideas?

Should I try a factory restore on a 1 day old iPhone?

2. celticpride678

How did you reboot? Holding down the home button and power button at the same time?

I wouldn't try anything with a 1 day old iPhone - bring it back and get a new one.

3. db67fm thread starter macrumors regular

db67fm

Yes, holding power button, then slide to power off.

Its obviously a software problem, so I don't think I should have to take it back to the store. I just want to figure it out.

4. celticpride678

Yes, it's a software problem but since the phone is only a day old, I wouldn't spend time trying to figure it out.

Try holding down the power button AND home button at the same time for about 10 seconds. This will hard reset the phone.

5. db67fm thread starter macrumors regular

db67fm

Well thanks for your help but,

I just restored (iTunes downloaded fresh copy of 4.0.2) and selected "Set up as new iPhone" and now push notifications are working.