[Resolved] Flash not detecting iSight (USB Video Class Video); 10.6.5 problem?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Grimmeh, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Grimmeh, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

Grimmeh macrumors member

This is the first time I’ve tried using my built-in iSight since the 10.6.5 update, and on any site I’ve tried it, it doesn’t show USB Video Class Video, the correct option, as a selectable option. Nor is DV Video and option. Only Built-In iSight, and two “Google” cams, none of which work. Actually, on Tinychat, Built-In iSight works for the thumbnail for picking the cam option, but won't work once selected. But that’s always been the case; the proper option won’t show as a thumb but works fine once selected. I hope I’m making sense.

Any solutions? Adobe says I'm running version 10,1,102,64.

Update: It seem either uninstalling Google’s video and audio adapters </Library/Application Support/Google/GoogleVoiceandVideoUninstaller.app> or installing a beta version of Flash <http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12569059&#12569059> solves the issue.

2. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

I had the same issue using Chrome, switched to Safari and it works fine.

3. Grimmeh thread starter macrumors member

That’s not it for me

I’ve been using only Safari. I did have a Flash Preview build (“Square”) but I’m pretty certain I’ve reinstalled the release version…I might try reinstalling Flash. If it weren’t for webcam support and some YouTube videos with ads (and embedded videos), Flash would be long gone from my system.

4. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

5. Grimmeh thread starter macrumors member

Got it!

After uninstalling it and reinstalling it, as well as deleted all of Google’s “adapters,” I tried it, and it works. Now only Built-In iSight is an option, but it now works just dandy. I should have tried this before posting…I’m such a waste. :D

6. paulpeer macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Flash not detecting USB Video since upgrade to 10.6.5. Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash doesn't help either. So where are those Google "adapters" that I might have to uninstall?

Thanks!

7. paulpeer macrumors newbie

I found them, and deleting them solved the problem. Thanks for the hints!!!

8. madam3181 macrumors newbie

Thank you. However could you please explain the Google "adapters". I've never heard of them and cannot find them.

9. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

/Library/Application Support/Google/GoogleVoiceandVideoUninstaller.app will remove them if you have them installed.

10. madam3181 macrumors newbie

Thank you. I found that I did not have them installed. The fix I found that worked for me was install a beta version of Flash. This is explained here http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12569059&#12569059

11. Nizar Halloun macrumors newbie

Worked fine for me as well! Thanks! :apple:

12. Nizar Halloun macrumors newbie

Worked fine for me as well! Thanks! :apple: