RESOLVED : Need help unlock iphone 4 please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lapeno, Jun 25, 2012.

1. lapeno, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

lapeno macrumors 6502

RESOLVED : Found someone here on the forum who managed to unlock my phone by contacting at&t.

I need help to unlock my at&t locked iphone. I bought it at full price from an at&t store and have the receipt.

I am not located in The US. I have phoned them but they will not unlock it as I am not an at&t customer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    As per at&t policy for eligibility requirements for unlocking iPhone :

http://www.att.com/esupport/article....id=TJbFQwIs5Rk

In addition, AT&T will unlock an iPhone for: (i) an active and deployed member of the military who is a current AT&T customer in good standing and is able to provide AT&T with deployment verification; and (ii) a person who purchased the iPhone from an authorized location at the "no commitment" price and can provide proof of purchase.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just call them and specified them the 2nd part (in bold) but they still would not accept to unlock it. They asked me to find an at&t customer on some forums.

So anyone willing to help me please.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Join date yesterday, 1 post

SCAM

----------

Try calling them again, it should work.

3. lapeno thread starter macrumors 6502

RESOLVED

Found someone here on the forum who managed to unlock my phone by contacting at&t. :)

4. Richardlw macrumors newbie

My son gave me his after he got his upgrade and I ended up finding someone here in Bolivia to unlock it for a fee.

But my daughter talked to ATT when she got her upgrade and said she wanted to unlock the old phone for her mother. They said no problem, bring it in. It is yours to do what you want.

5. olaola macrumors newbie

Who is someone? I'd like to unlock mine too.

6. Suevela macrumors newbie

Unlocking an At&T iphone

I didn't know that AT&T will unlock the iphones of their clients. I am an AT&T cllient and I was about to pay $100 to unlock my iphone 4, version 5.1.1. I am glad I read this post.

7. lapeno thread starter macrumors 6502

Happy to find out that this helped.