Resolved:Outlook 2011 Desktop Alerts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eternlgladiator, Jun 3, 2011.

1. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Is anybody using outlook 2011 and having issues with the desktop alerts showing up as a black box with dark grey font. The only way they're legible is if I hover the mouse over it causing a highlight/underline. Is there a way to fix this and make them white background with black text like entourage had?

2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Did you delete duplicate fonts installed by Office 2011?

See Font Management for help. Be sure to delete font caches after removing duplicates.

Let us know if this fixes the issue. I don't remember seeing this reported on the Microsoft Outlook forums so it's unique to your install.

3. eternlgladiator thread starter macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I figured it out. I'm an idiot. I had both entourage and outlook open while I was transitioning. When an email came in a notification popped up for both applications. That would have been fine but in entourage notifications are black text on white background. In outlook they're white text on black background. When they combine you get an unreadable notification. Now that its just outlook the problem is gone.

4. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Thanks for finding the solution. It's weird they were both on top of one another.

5. lisaanderson24 macrumors newbie

Entourage is not on but I still get the black notifications

I just installed Outlook and have not yet uninstalled Entourage. I quit the application so all incoming mail would go to Outlook. I am still getting those black notifications. Do I have to uninstall Entourage?
    I still have some data that did not import on Entourage an am reluctant to chuck it just yet.