Resolved, thank you.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Cookiemonster, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Cookiemonster, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

Cookiemonster macrumors regular

Cookiemonster

Okay I jailbroke my phone to 5.01, everything was fine I downloaded installous and EVERYTHING was gone, so I tried to default back to iTunes and now it will not even let me restore to original factory settings, PLEASE HELP!!! :S Panic mode here and complete newb, thanks....

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Pirating illegal and not allowed on MacRumors. Please support the app developers and buy the app.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

this forum is not going to help you with anything that installus. I say sorry dude but then again you get what you paid for... Wow you've been here since 2007 and still don't know the forum rules. :rolleyes:

4. The General macrumors 601

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Same here.

7. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

will be watching this

It looks like you are going to have to get yourself out of this, it can be done.

You should start with explaining what "everything is gone" means. Also, what happens when you try to restore back to regular with iTunes? Do you get errors? Start with this, and these questions will answer themselves. Also, to make these answer themselves use the following website to help find:

www.google.com

8. Cookiemonster thread starter macrumors regular

Cookiemonster

First of all, I'm a she, and second of all- IM trying to learn about iPhone nitty gritty elements, rather than having a phone 'as is' or have someone 'do it for me'. Im horrible at this stuff, and I did jailbreak it (give or take), but the person who had aided me in the past put installous on there so I assumed it needed to be on there. My goal was never to rip of developers, my goal was to restore my phone to the original settings before I touched it. Unfortunately I had to go get help elsewhere, thanks to those who understood, anyhow, peace.

9. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

you can edit your thread then to resolved?

10. LeeM macrumors 6502a

shes not discussing piracy. she mentioned an app which can be used for piracy should the user so wish. same as any torrent client that i bet youve all got

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

Ahh now that your feet are out of the fire the worm turns!

Damned jailbreak :mad:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1303011

12. Cookiemonster thread starter macrumors regular

Cookiemonster

Done, thanks.

13. noiceT macrumors 6502a

It's interesting how the piracy of iphone apps is like the most taboo, and frowned upon subject not only on MR, but pretty much anywhere on the web.
    Yet no one seems to bat an eye on those questionable .mp3 or .avi files that were shared from a friend.

I guess because a majority of the iOS apps are developed by the "little guy" vs. music and movies from RIAA and MPAA?

Just thinking out loud.

14. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

15. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i thinks thats exactly it. screw the man!

16. LeeM macrumors 6502a

thats me yeah. i downloaded a cracked app which wasnt my intention. like op im new to jb'ing.
    everyone jumped on the piracy bandwagon, she wasnt asking how to break the law she was asking for help after downloading a legal app that can beused illegally