Resolved Thread

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by phr0ze, Aug 1, 2012.

1. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

Make the resolved button more prominent. I mean I have to really dig to find it.

I suggest it is placed in the Thread Tools menu. Or even more in line with edits. For example, if my thread is resolved, I'm generally going to reply thanking whoever for help. On any reply I do on a thread I created should be a check box that says 'Mark as Resolved'.

More people would mark threads as resolved if they see it. Sticky reminder posts don't help.

2. rei101 macrumors 6502a

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When you create a thread and have your question answered, you can edit your original post, then Go Advanced and select the "Resolved" prefix:
    ScreenCap 2012-08-01 at Wed, Aug 1,1.34.33 PM .PNG

4. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

"Resolved" is part of a prefix set. Prefixes are displayed in a particular way in the forum software, and TBH I'm not sure if it's possible to do what you're asking without changing it from a prefix to another sort of function (which I'm guessing would make it display differently as well).

On the whole, we hope that members will use prefixes whenever they're appropriate (the iOS Hacks and Alternatives to iOS Devices subforums, just to name a couple new examples). I hope and believe that once members are aware of prefixes, they'll use them regularly. It's one of the best ways to make it easy to identify interesting threads when browsing - something users ask us for on a regular basis. ;)