Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Hi all I checked for updates and there was a 3.8GB update for ios14 I thought awesome. Deleted the beta profile rebooted and the update wasn’t offered anymore. Will I still get the GM or do I need to install the meta profile again??

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
The GM installs while you have the profile on your device. If you delete it before install then you lose the update.

Reactions: slooksterPSV

EdFrank

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Michigan.
Yeah that’s what I did. That’ll get you back onto public releases

I installed iOS 14 PB 7 a couple of days back and deleted the beta profile today in anticipation of public release. Will i now be able to install the public release when it is released today or should setup the beta profile again and install GM to be able to get the public release?

zanoii

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
Sweden
I installed iOS 14 PB 7 a couple of days back and deleted the beta profile today in anticipation of public release. Will i now be able to install the public release when it is released today or should setup the beta profile again and install GM to be able to get the public release?
If you delete the beta profile you switch to the normal release channel regardless of which beta version you have installed, meaning what you see in software updates are official releases only. You don't have to reinstall the beta profile and install the GM to go back to official releases.

EdFrank

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Michigan.
If you delete the beta profile you switch to the normal release channel regardless of which beta version you have installed, meaning what you see in software updates are official releases only. You don't have to reinstall the beta profile and install the GM to go back to official releases.

Great. Thx for clarifying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.