Resolved

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ChitoCrisis, Jan 9, 2014.

1. ChitoCrisis, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014

ChitoCrisis macrumors member

2. ChitoCrisis, Jan 12, 2014

ChitoCrisis thread starter macrumors member

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I do not know how to clean it up, but I do know that you should remove the boot camp partition via the boot camp assistant for the cleanest removal (not disk utility) in OS X

4. VI™ macrumors 6502a

^^ This. Try running the Bootcamp Assistant and seeing what it does for you.

5. ChitoCrisis thread starter macrumors member

The bootcamp assistant did not allow me remove it. I don't know what to do at the moment. I did not use the bootcamp assistant to upgrade to Windows 8.1. That might be the problem.

6. ChitoCrisis thread starter macrumors member

I haven't found a solution to this yet. I tried command+r when booting the computer but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

7. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Explain please, so you're not able to run internet recovery (command R) either? What does your machine do?

8. ChitoCrisis thread starter macrumors member

I tried both methods. It's the same as using disk utility unfortunately. I even tried the bootcamp assistant and nothing.

9. jenzjen macrumors 68000

It should not be if done correctly - do you see a spinning earth/globe icon?

If so, go into internet recovery's disk utility and format individual partitions first (not the entire physical volume). I format them all to Mac journaled and when you've erased all partitions, then you should be able to select the physical drive and run another erase.

10. Caulin macrumors newbie

the last time i tried messing with a bootcamp partition it left 50gb of unused space in a grey area and when i tried to reclaim it said error could not unmount disk. I had to enter internet recovery and reformat my whole hd as 1 partition and redo everything

11. ChitoCrisis thread starter macrumors member

Internet Recovery's Disk Utility did not work.

What are my options?

12. ChitoCrisis, Feb 26, 2014

ChitoCrisis thread starter macrumors member

I also noticed this partition I want to remove now shows up under devices. It wasn't showing up before.

Edit: Resolved.