Resolved

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
I do not know how to clean it up, but I do know that you should remove the boot camp partition via the boot camp assistant for the cleanest removal (not disk utility) in OS X

ChitoCrisis

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
California
The bootcamp assistant did not allow me remove it. I don't know what to do at the moment. I did not use the bootcamp assistant to upgrade to Windows 8.1. That might be the problem.

ChitoCrisis

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
California
I haven't found a solution to this yet. I tried command+r when booting the computer but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
I haven't found a solution to this yet. I tried command+r when booting the computer but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?
Explain please, so you're not able to run internet recovery (command R) either? What does your machine do?

ChitoCrisis

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
California
I tried both methods. It's the same as using disk utility unfortunately. I even tried the bootcamp assistant and nothing.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
I tried both methods. It's the same as using disk utility unfortunately. I even tried the bootcamp assistant and nothing.
It should not be if done correctly - do you see a spinning earth/globe icon?

If so, go into internet recovery's disk utility and format individual partitions first (not the entire physical volume). I format them all to Mac journaled and when you've erased all partitions, then you should be able to select the physical drive and run another erase.

Caulin

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2014
the last time i tried messing with a bootcamp partition it left 50gb of unused space in a grey area and when i tried to reclaim it said error could not unmount disk. I had to enter internet recovery and reformat my whole hd as 1 partition and redo everything

ChitoCrisis

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
California
I also noticed this partition I want to remove now shows up under devices. It wasn't showing up before.

Edit: Resolved.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.