Resolved Resolved

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by WabbalaFlumpkin, Mar 19, 2018.

1. WabbalaFlumpkin macrumors member

WabbalaFlumpkin

I will keep this short... I used to be a huge Android FanBoy starting with the Galaxy S3 in 2012, I upgraded to the Galaxy Note 4 in 2014 and was a major powerhouse user, I loved the Note 4, removable battery, Upgradable memory, IR Blaster, Quad-HD Super Amoled display, the faux leather, metal sides, the list goes on! It was practically destroyed nearly 2 years ago in 2016... I picked up an iPhone 6s Plus soon after because I hated the new samsung phones as they basically turned in iPhones with an ugly Android skin, and I also wanted to try iOS. I love my iPhone to death, but it feels way to limiting!! I still have my crippled Note 4 lying in storage, I'm debating whether to upgrade to a different Android phone, or just replace the LCD/Digitizer/Glass on the Note 4... Jailbreaking my iPhone is out of the question.

2. nviz22 macrumors 601

nviz22

If $ isn't an issue, Note 8 or S9+. If $ is an issue, OnePlus 5T if you can get past their sketchy problems with their recent model and the payment platform. If you want an iPhone w/ Android software, Pixel 2 or 2XL.

3. WabbalaFlumpkin thread starter macrumors member

WabbalaFlumpkin

Money is not an issue, the Note 8 looks awesome! Same with the S9! However I don't appreciate the virtual homebuttons and would like physical feedback, a feeling that virtual buttons cannot recreate. If you could list any Android phones that are flagship quality and come with a real home button (fingerprint scanner in the home button), IR Blaster (not needed, but I used it on my TV all the time!), and if removable batteries even exist that would be awesome! I will be looking into the Pixel 2XL, as I haven't ever looked into it..

4. nviz22 macrumors 601

nviz22

Removable batteries are practically non existent these days. Virtual buttons drive most phone navigation too.

5. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

With the push to smaller bezels, dedicated buttons are virtually a thing of the past in favor of on-screen buttons that hide in immersive mode.

6. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

I think you are the first person I have ever read that says Touchwiz was better on the Note 4 than the current models. It is actually the opposite. Touchwiz was junk back then, and is so much better now and less intrusive. Note 8, S9+, or even an LG V30. If you want swappable batteries, try and find a LG V20 still. It was one of the last phones that still had a swappable battery and was a decent phone.

7. WabbalaFlumpkin thread starter macrumors member

WabbalaFlumpkin

LG V20 has a virtual home button. Can't believe they don't make phones with actual home buttons, swappable batteries, IR Blasters, and a fingerprint sensor on the FRONT!
    edit: My old Note 4 is now fixed, is it still usable today? It is hot AF right now while it's charging.

8. WabbalaFlumpkin thread starter macrumors member

WabbalaFlumpkin

The Galaxy Note 4 is working great, however the S-Pen doesn't work on the very right side of the screen, not sure why... The touch screen works fine, and looks great, IR Blaster was amazing.